Any business’ app or website can leave a deep lasting impression on a customer. A good or bad impression depends upon various factors. UX design is the crucial foundational pillar of any product design – be it a website, mobile app, or anything else. You need to keep up with the latest trends and tools and technologies to render exceptional experiences to your customers. In this blog, we have shared some of the important tips to escalate your website User Experience
10 Tips to Enhance Your Website’s User Experience
1. Everything Begins With User Research
User research is the first step you need to take for enhancing your website’s user experience. You simply need to be sure of, who is the website for? When you get an idea about your target audience, you can simply start designing your user interface. You need to know the audience, their requirements, how they will like the app/website, and what you can offer better than your competitors.
But this doesn’t mean you need to spend thousands of dollars on market research as well as analysis. You can simply survey your current users if you are creating a mobile app experience to complement an already existing website. You can also use pools, surveys, statistics, and even Google to gain information about your target audience and their likings.
2. Keep It Simple
Simple design means getting rid of unnecessary design components. The main aim is to get a particular action from any visitor coming to your website. To search for their requirements, the visitors will scan the content of your website. It is vital to note that the visitors will leave your website and never return if they have to go through a maze to find what they want. Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Have a clean layout with two or three color schemes and a lot of white space along with an avg of two fonts and the third one of your logo. Your graphics must have a clickable and insightful purpose.
- Every page your design must have a goal. For instance, the checkout page must contain the things that are needed for the process of successful checkout.
- The user must clearly understand the intent of each page and item.
3. Use Whitespace Generously
Using whitespace in your design is the easiest and quickest way to elevate your website. A subtle amount of whitespace will help your designs to look more polished and breathe.
It is not necessary to keep white as your design background color. It is required to be the space between the different elements of the website. White spaces add elegance to the website. Here are some ways to use white space to boost the UX design of your website.
- In the body, increase the line space of the text.
- Increase white space on the left and right margins in long text blocks.
- Group and surround related objects along with the white space.
- Do not put images in line with the text. Instead, position them on top or under the text blocks.
4. Make Different Elements Visually Distinct
UI/UX designer’s goal is to create a visually distinct page layout. The aim is to make it easy for the users to find whatever they are looking for with minimum fuss. The below tips can help you make your website/app navigation process smooth and visually distinct.
- You need to showcase the most important details on the website in an exceptional way.
- Users must know their location on the website or mobile app. The must-have navigation tools at their access. For instance, the top part of the page must have a website navigation panel to help users easily navigate your website.
- You need to create unique call-to-action buttons which must be readable and accessible.
- Your search field must be clearly visible to the users.
- Contrast and color: eye-pleasing design and text readability are vital aspects of the user interface.
When it comes to color, you should be aware of:
- Background colors are generally muted.
- The blue color is for text links
- Red denotes important items. (mistakes or warnings)
- Create a strongly contrasting hue for CTA buttons
5. Customer Feedback
Customer feedback is important for a successful business. They listen to their customers. If you don’t listen to their concerns or needs, you might lose one. For this, you can simply add survey forms to your website with the following questions:
- How can we improve your experience?
- Which features would you like to see?
- How well did we meet your expectations?
These simple questions enable individuals to tell what they would like to see on your website, how you can improve. You can gain insights from such feedback and improvise your user interface as well as user experience.
6. Maintain Consistency Of The User FLow
A simple and clear design framework enables the users to easily get what they want. This can work as an advantage for you. You thoroughly need to think of all the steps that your users follow to maintain consistency.
For instance, there must be a homepage where the user starts their journey. You must lead the users from the homepage to your products/services or even blog posts.
Another thing to consider is dead-end pages. These pages don’t lead your users anywhere. Avoid such obstacles in your user journey. Every page must lead your users somewhere. Finally, every website flow must have an end target – the place where user needs and website goals meet.
7. Page Loading Time
The most important aspect of your website is its loading speed. 53% of your users will leave your website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
It should be your first goal to ensure that your website users can rapidly and effortlessly achieve their primary goals, without waiting for your website to load forever. The waiting time, load time, and smoothness of popup animations can directly affect the user’s perceptions.
8. Focus On Content
Any designer must not stop with well-structured layouts. Never forget about UX writing. Demand quality material while working in a team. Use easy and user-friendly language. Ensure to use keyword-rich and transparent content that solves user concerns and guides them.
Well-written text and effective images/illustrations significantly influence the experiences and perceptions of users. Go for user research instead of following the already existing norms. Avoid using plagiarized content, difficult/weird language, and poor-quality images.
9. Responsive & Mobile-Friendly Website
More than half of all web traffic comes from mobile devices. Users will abandon your website if it’s not mobile-friendly. So you will be simply shutting your doors to a large number of potential customers.
Search engines also look for high-optimized, responsive, and mobile-friendly websites. For instance, Google crawls both mobile and desktop websites to index your website. A mobile-friendly website can help you rank better. If you don’t know where to begin, simply go for a web design agency where UI/UX designers can help you get a perfect mobile-friendly website.
10. Conduct a UX Review/Audit
Completing a task on time is important but is not the only thing you need to do. If you don’t spend much time on reflection, you may fall behind and your competitors may win the race. Not everyone has all the knowledge. And before pulling the day off, you must put together your UX team, review your strategy, reflect upon it, and make necessary changes if required.
Ask questions, look for loopholes, mend mistakes, and most importantly work in harmony with each other to create the best-in-class user interface and user experience that will drive lots of customers to your website.
The Bottom Line
Your UX design must work for your users as well as your platform. A well-designed user experience is about leading the users to take a particular action while rendering them seamless navigation. If your users don’t find something, it simply doesn’t exist for them. Hence, they must be able to discover what they are looking for. We hope that these tips have helped you in elevating the user experience of your website.
If you still need assistance, go for a leading web design agency like Webential that has qualified UI/UX designers who can help you create amazing website designs. Connect With Us Today and discuss your requirements.
Related Post: Why Need Great User Experience (UX) For High-Quality SEO?