With alluring designs, robustness, and driving-edge technology, Magento has become one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) for online shops all across the globe. The open-source eCommerce platform Magento has been the market leader for six consecutive years. Adobe purchased this platform in 2018 and it is written in PHP. Around 250, 000 people use it to easily manage their online store while enhancing their website’s look and feel. Magento has been growing at an exponential rate since its existence (2007).
With drum rolls, we showcase to you some of the most interesting and astounding statistics about Magento and why you shouldn’t give a second thought to it.
25 Magento Stats that will Blow Your Mind
- There are around 250,000 Magento stores live on the internet which is used for 12% of all online retail stores.
- It powers 1.2% of the internet as a whole.
- Around 11,000 of the total Magento stores run on Magento 2.
- As of June 2021, Magento has a 1.1% market share of all websites that use a known content management systems.
- Magento is downloaded nearly 5,000 times every day.
- The United States has the majority of Magento users with 74,296 sites.
- The UK has the second most Magento-powered websites with 15,909 websites live there.
- Germany ranks third with a total of 13,237 Magento Sites.
- 9 of the top 10 countries with Magento Stores are in America and Europe.
- 202 Magento users are in the Internet Retailer Top 1000 list.
- 9.5% of all Magento websites are in the USA.
- Magento renders 5000 extensions.
- Being the second world-popular eCommerce software, Magento powers 12% of the eCommerce world including enterprise and open-source versions.
- Magento handles $155 billion (USD) worth of transactions every year.
- Among the top 10K web stores, Magento has a share of 16%.
- Magento has held the #1 spot on the internet Retailer 1000 list for four years in a row.
- Top names like Ford, Omega Watches, Christian Louboutin, and Bulgari use Magento.
- Nearly 7,500 customers have migrated to Magento from OpenCart, osCommerce, and VirtueMart in the last year.
- Adobe acquired Magento for $1.6 billion in 2018.
- Magento is available in more than 30 languages, including Norwegian, Farsi, Estonian, and Thai.
- Magento stores can handle 500 transactions per hour, while Magento 2 stores can handle 600.
- Magento has a community of more than 150,000 developers.
- Magento has more than 150,000 lines of code and input from hundreds of developers.
- There are more than 700 Magento themes, the most popular being Themeforest.
- 99.9% of Magento was developed in Ukraine.
Some of the Interesting Magento Facts
- Magento was named after the color Magenta which was the color of their first Logo.
- Magento’s name and Logo are inspired by the game Dungeons & Dragons.
- Building Magento took 2514 people, years of expertise, and cost around $138, 254, 110 by COCOMO model.
- Magento was awarded the Global eCommerce Platforms Product Line Strategy Leadership Award in March 2017.
- There are 73 countries consisting of Magento-certified individuals.
- The USA had 849 Magento Certified Individuals in 2017 – the highest number in the world.
- Most of the Magento users are based in the USA(124,926), UK(16,042), and Netherlands(14,039).
- Most of the Magento.com visitors are based in the USA (19.1%) and India (15.1%).
Adobe’s purchase of Magento took the CMS platform to another level. This doesn’t mean that the platform lacked something before that. It excelled at developing personalized product pages, responsive themes, engaging designs, and user-friendly shopping carts. Magento offers an arena of features and plugins to help you boost your online Business. Magento CE (Community) is free and thus attracts various start-ups. Magento EE (Enterprise) is a paid version and is great for larger enterprises with big budgets. It also renders cloud hosting services through Nexcess. Magento is one of the most popular CMS platforms on a global level and can sprinkle tons of advantages to your eCommerce stores.
Whether you want to build a stunning eCommerce website or migrate to Magento, Webential can become your perfect partner. We have years of expertise and experience in delivering top-notch services to reputed clients all across the globe. Want to migrate to Magento 2? Our experts are pro at it. So what are you waiting for? Connect with us today and we will be more than happy to help you in the entire journey.