Covid 19 has given wings to IT offshoring services, enabling it to soar high all across the globe. However, along with logistical difficulties and geographical distance, offshoring services may not always be as easy as it seems. And that’s exactly where a reliable offshore software development company can prove to be beneficial and invaluable.
Your offshore development partner will build a proficient team on your behalf, handle all administrative and legal activities so that you can better focus on the core competencies of your business.
You may also like: A Compilation Of Best Tools To Manage Your Remote Team
While choosing a reliable partner, you can simply work with a close-knit team of incredible developers who will add to the credibility of your enterprise through their exceptional work. But here comes the most common question: How can I find the right offshore development center services? What questions should I ask their offshore developers?
The good news? There are already tried and tested criteria for choosing your Offshoring Partner and we bring you some of the best questions you need to ask to an offshore development company before shaking hands with them. But did you know India has been the first choice for building an offshore development center by top companies all across the world? The reasons are many but for now, here’s a cherry on the top to look on.
The sole purpose of this blog is to assist you in hiring the best offshore agency for your enterprise. We help you verify a capable offshore partner before signing on the dotted line. Here’s an offshore development center checklist of questions to ensure that the partner you pick perfectly fits your business requirements to avoid sudden shocks and common offshoring mistakes.
If you are hiring a reliable offshoring partner for the first time, here are 10 factors you must put on paper for choosing a top-notch offshore development agency.
Questions to Ask to your Offshore Development Partner
Below is the checklist for an Offshore Development Center Partner which we have categorized into 10 sections. Ask these questions to your partner to make sure success flows like a breeze for your enterprise.
1. Basic questions about the enterprise
- How many years of experience does your company hold\?
- What is the size of your company?
- What is the structure of your company?
- What are your service offerings?
- What is the core objective of your company?
- What industry do you belong to?
- What is your domain expertise?
- What is your annual growth rate?
- What is your vision for the projected growth of the upcoming year?
- What makes your company unique from other service providers apart from the specialization?
2. Market Presence
- What is the progress of the IT industry in your region?
- Does your company have membership in any organizations?
- Has your company received any industry-related awards? If yes, are they included in any of the recent industry rankings?
- What are the long-term goals of your company?
- How many offices do you have and do you have any branches in other countries?
- How do you ensure a smooth and enthusiastic working environment for your employees?
- Can you send us the photos of your main offices?
- Can you give deep insights into your company culture?
- Which technologies are you expert in?
- How do you incorporate new technologies and expertise in your company?
- How do you ensure the adoption of new and emerging technologies?
- How do you keep up with the latest technology trends, tools, strategies, and techniques?
- Do you train your resources? How often do you give them training?
- Do you have diverse tech experts at your company
- What are your strategies for hiring resources for a project?
- Can you specify your hiring process?
- Do you pre-vet the resources that you hire?
- How do you track the professional growth of your employees?
- What is your annual employee turnover rate?
- How does your company ensure employee training and development?
- How many full-time or part-time employees does your company have?
6. Team Integration
- How do you manage different teams in your company?
- How well does your offshore team collaborate with the onsite team?
- How do you ensure smooth cooperation & effective communication within the project?
- What tools do you use for efficient communication?
- How do you deal with miscommunication or mismanagement?
- What is the English proficiency level of your resources?
- How well do you manage time-zone differences?
7. Project Management
- Do you deliver projects on time? How do you ensure high-quality is maintained in the project?
- What project management tools does your team use?
- How do you ensure operational transparency?
- What is your standard project implementation process?
- Will you provide a dedicated project manager for my project?
- Who will take responsibility for the successful project delivery?
- How do you manage risks?
- How can I track the progress of the project? Will you regularly provide me with status reviews?
- Do you have the capability of consulting us for innovative solutions?
- In what ways do you ensure safety in the workplace?
- How do you ensure data and information security?
- What are security standards followed in your company?
- How do you ensure that my data and intellectual property are secured?
- What policies does your company follow for protecting my data both physically and procedurally?
- Does your company have any comprehensive disaster recovery plan?
9. Engagement Model & Pricing
- What engagement model does your company offer?
- What pricing plans do you offer? What are the implementation costs?
- Will you provide support after the project is completed?
- Do you have the capacity and bandwidth to meet my project requirements?
- Have you worked with enterprises of our size and that belong to our industry?
- Can you provide any relevant client references?
- Will you commit to a long-term partnership?
- Can you share testimonials of your leading clients?
- Can you specify the clients who collaborated with you for more than 5 years?
The success of your enterprise largely depends upon whom you work with. While choosing offshore development your project can either skyrocket or stagnate in the worst scenarios. Choosing a perfect offshoring partner is the wisest choice you make for your enterprise. This is the fundamental offshore development center checklist — questions that must be discussed during the initial meeting of both parties. You can find more in-depth knowledge in our blog: Offshore Development Center – What is the future and beyond?
If you have any more questions about partnering with a reliable offshore development agency, feel free to reach out to us and we will get back to you as soon as humanly possible.